Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

My paper was just delivered. My son has a Paperwhite

Customer Question

My paper white was just delivered. My son has a Paperwhite (Charley Deppner), and my daughter has a Paperwhite (Rebecca Courtois). Should I register this under his name (with whom I share an Amazon Prime account), her name (who shares my reading tastes), or in my own name? Can I share with one or the other of my children if I buy Kindle books?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I just got it (Prime Day). It is a paper white
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't have a problem. I just want to know whether I should register in my name, Charley's name, or Rebecca's name. What are the advantages?
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I share Charley Deppner's (my son's) Prime account. I share reading interests with my daughter Rebecca Courtois. They both have paper whites. Is it advantageous for me to register my new paperwhite in one of their names? Or should I just register it in my name?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a good question. Given what you have said, I would advise you to do according to the intended use among you all, of the new Kindle PaperWhite. Do you want other people, if so which, to read books too? if so, you just can hand them the Kindle device, pretty much.

Do you want others, if so which, to also order books, magazines, or other content (of who knows what price?) from your Kindle device? if your wife, then register it in her name, I'd say... given that you want to order such content also from that device and given it is OK that you do so charged to her account - ?

Basically also: no matter what choice you make, you will have to consider

A. that who it is registered to, is who it may be used by to order books.

and

B. that you can always De-Register it, erasing all books downloaded onto it (though NOT 'un-buying' them, of course, all of them still downloadable again as needed to whatever device you register to the account that bought them), and re-Register it to the right account, as you find necessary, etc.

I think that about covers the needs for this decision. If you have other questions or issues or need other information about this, let me know, please. And I will help you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.