Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Screen showing battery is empty tried leaving on charger no

Customer Question

screen showing battery is empty tried leaving on charger no joy Where can we get a new battery
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: m# *****
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried you to find the process for purchsing and installing a new one first step complete
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: kindle has not been used lately however i would like to finish the book I started on Vacation. last summer. havent had time during work season so its been sitting idle for quite a while!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Exp Richard tried that however it now says critical battery at the top
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks

You will then need to purchase a replacement battery. This you can do so from my link below

https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kindle_D00901_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20kindle%20d00901.htm

It comes with a new battery, the tools to replace it and an instructions video on how to do this.

This will then allow the Kindle to run like new

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you