Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Yesterday I ordered a book for my Kindle (Conf.

Customer Question

Yesterday I ordered a book for my Kindle (Conf. #D01-6242142-1177866) and it never downloaded. I was charged for this book and what do I do now?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I is an older model 3rd generation (serial #B008A0A01173).
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time I've ordered in about a year. I had it shut down for a while but now I want to start using it again.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I recently charged it up so there was no problem there. I was charged for the book but it seems like it fell into a black hole somewhere
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access the book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks

If you go to settings, then wireless

Does it show your kindle as connected to the wifi network?