Eric, Hobbyist
Experience:  I am an Android App Developer with a strong knowledge of Personal Electronic Devices.
57442719

I need to buy a new battery for my Kindle 3. 6-7 year old

Customer Question

I need to buy a new battery for my Kindle 3.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 6-7 year old Kindle 3 -
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have gone through the sequence of sliding the on/off switch for 20secs. etc.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just where I can buy a battery in Cape Town South Africa
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory.

Please hold in the slider for 40 seconds to reset the Kindle.

Let me know if it is working after that.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Cory,
I have done all of that ... it will not recharge ...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want to know if there is a retailer in Cape Town South Africa who stocks batteries
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Cory, The courier cost implications of getting the battery here from the U.S.A are prohibitive ... hence my request for a retailer here in Cape Town.
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

It is coming from Canada, but I will look for one.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

What if it comes from China?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Cory, my original query was for the name of a stockist in my home city of Cape Town ... I really don't want the hassle of having to use a courier from outside of South Africa. Can you provide me with a name?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Cory, I am still waiting for a response from Friday ... To date, I must say that I am rather disappointed.... Is there a stockist in South Africa or not?
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry, I have not been able to find one. I will opt out and see if another expert can find one.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

My apologies that the previous expert was unable to help you find the battery you needed. You can head over to Batteries Unlimited at Shop 2, Marconi Centre,***** Milnerton, Cape Town, 7441. I would call them first though, +27 21(###) ###-#### as they may not have one in stock. If not though, they can get you one :)

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and not this website or your device. If for ANY reason you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)