Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle keeps saying that I am not connected to wireless

Customer Question

My kindle keeps saying that I am not connected to wireless even though I appear to be and I am unable to buy a book that I want.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I can,t get it to go to menu , it keeps saying turn wireless off and when I do it says turn wireless on. I know it is several years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had it plugged in for months and have not used it. I was trying to follow the instructions by going to settings ...but I do not se a reset button that they are telling me to use.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a software update that occurred a few minutes ago, if that could be related to this problem.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?

Even if just to check/confirm earlier update(s) were successful?