E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paperwhite froze after I downloaded a book. I

My kindle paperwhite froze...

My kindle paperwhite froze after I downloaded a book. I can't swipe to unlock. It does charge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought it 12/21/16. Where do I find the model number? CE0700?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Happened last night. Don't know how to trouble shoot as it won't open. I did charge it hoping that would help.

7/12/2017
Steve G., Engineer

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am in Maryland.

Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. The Kindle should reboot and unglitch itslef.

Let me know if that does not happen.

I'll be here.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It worked!

Great. I'm happy to have helped.

Please be sure to rate my service today so I am credited with helping you.

Thanks very much.

Steve

Steve G., Engineer