Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I need to send a new credit card number as the old one was

I need to send a new credit card number as the old one was cancelled. I cannot remember my password. Amazon has sent me so many numbers, NONE OF WHICH WORK!!!! I am extremely frustrated. What do I do????
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Amazon Kindle, about 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried to buy any Kindle books since my credit card was cancelled - about 18 months ago. Now I wish to purchase a new Kindle book and wish to enter a new credit card.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

If you don't have/know your amazon account password, you would need that to proceed.

If you've been trying to access it without success, your account may be temporarily locked. You will need to wait a bit, I would suggest at least 24 hours, to allow the account to unlock, before you try to do anything else.

Then, on your computer, click HERE

Follow the prompts, entering your email address, and then you will need to go check that email account,

it will have a link that you will click, which will take you to a new web page.

It does not give you a password ***** use, instead it gives you the option to set a new password, which you have to enter twice, exactly the same both times, and has to meet certain complexity requirements. If that works, then you'll be into your account.

The rest to set up your card has to be done on a computer as well, on the amazon website. This process will not work from your kindle.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
This is really stupid! I just wanted to advise Amazon another credit card number!!!~~ I did not want to pay you because you cannot help me. Now I am $51 in debt to you, with no answer! This I cannot afford. That is one eighth of my pension.
That is the service fee that you signed up for when requesting help. I provided you with step by step instructions above that will resolve the problem for you.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Doing this on the internet is a pain!!!! I did not realise that I was on to a new site and I would have to pay. I have tried to do as you said, they sent me another stupid password. I give up. Amazon can do without my custom.

That is the only way this can be done, amazon does not accept payment information from any means other than logging into your own account and entering it as I've explained above.

I'm sorry there is not a more convenient process.