Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

My kindle paper, my kindle paperwhite came with a USB

My kindle paper white
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: my kindle paperwhite came with a USB charger. I plugged it into my computer to charge and now I cannot get it back on. It remains on "USB drive mode". Not sure what that means. I cannot even turn it off. It would have been easier if it had been sent with an outlet plug. Please help.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This week. It's pretty new. I don't know any other way to trouble shoot.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maybe I didn't eject it correctly. That's all. Hopefully this can be resolved easily. Thanks.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please unplug the Kindle from the computer. Then press and hold the Power on / off button on the Kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

I'm sorry that somehow typing in the box at this page in order to communicate with me is not working for you, but thank you for replying back in another question to confirm that my answer worked. If you have any further question, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. I'll also have our customer service check on the site issue. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,