Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am in Portugal and can't access any of my books. Also I

Customer Question

I am in Portugal and can't access any of my books. Also I can't download ***** *****, Along Came a Spider, as my credit card is not recognised. I haven't used my kindle for some time, is this the problem?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle paper white. Not sure how old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only just tried to use it this morning, but I did charge it up last week and thought I had purchased the fore mentioned book.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would love to be able to read from my kindle, as I don't have another book with me on holiday.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access a book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you