info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

Kindle is frozen and won't turn off or reset. Tried reset

Customer Question

Kindle is frozen and won't turn off or reset. Tried long reset (charge for 5 min, then reset for 1 min) and still no change.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's an older one- don't know make/model, but I've had it for 5 or 6 years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Stopped last night. Tried regular(30 sec) reset and tried charging it overnight. This morning, tried the 5 min charge 1 min reset.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about all I can give you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Problem is often caused by glitched software please follow the guide below

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars will allow the site to release credit to me thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Is this working out OK please?

Anthony