GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I emailed a pdf document to my kindle using my kindle email

Customer Question

I emailed a pdf document to my kindle using my kindle email and I cannot find the document in my library. I have restarted my kindle to see if that helps. I am connected to wifi.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is the kindle paperwhite. I bought it two months ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just tried it today.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Kindle 5.8.9.2
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Have you added the email address that you are sending "FROM to your "Send to Kindle" Approved Email list? If not, you'll need to do that. To prevent spam, Kindle Personal Documents Service only accepts email from addresses that have been added to the approved list. If you haven't done that, here's how:

Go to www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that opens up, please click on the Settings column, then scroll down the page until you see Personal Document Settings. Under Send-to-Kindle Email Settings, your Send to Kindle email address will be listed. Click "Add a new approved e-mail address", enter a new email address, and then click Save to save your changes.

Notice: If you want to save your personal ebooks and documents to Kindle account, don't forget to enable archive, just simply click "Edit Archive Settings".

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

After you've done that, you should be able to successfully compose an Email and attach your books or documents. Here's how:

1. Log in your approved email account, compose a new email.

2. Recipient is "*****@******.***" which can be found on Kindle eReader and Amazon Website.

3. Leave the subject and content as blank or write whatever you like.

Tips: If you want to convert PDF or txt to the Kindle compatible format, type "convert" in the subject when e-mailing a personal document to your Send-to-Kindle address.

4. Upload your personal books and documents, and then click "send".

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

You should see your book in your library after your next sync. Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you