Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I have an old Kindle and been trying to do the update. I am

Customer Question

I have an old Kindle and been trying to do the update. I am unable to do it because it skips over the place where I am supposed to do the update. What do I do? Will I be unable to use my Kindle if I do not get this update done?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 3.0.2 s #B006A0A010473G4S Probably over 10 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ever since I got the notification to update it.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I was trying to get yhe update to work and accidently put it in clippings and deleted that and the update is gone. Help
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

On your Kindle:

From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. You will see the current software version at the bottom of the screen.

What does it say next to Version?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kindle 3.0.2###-##-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
N phone call
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

You will need to update the Kindle five 5 times since you have the oldest software on your Kindle.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529700

Scroll down to Kindle Keyboard 3G (second box) and start at the bottom of the list with Software Update 3.1

Here is how to install each update: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201177360

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.