Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle won't show book. only page. just off the charger,

Customer Question

my kindle won't show book. only white page. just off the charger
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a Kindle 5 . . .old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this just started and I don't know how to troubleshoot
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not very savvy . . .but have used my Kindle for several years now.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please try those steps to proceed.