Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Hile I don't have a letter saying the Kindle has been

Customer Question

hile I don't have a letter saying the Kindle has been updated, I do have a notice right after the notice about the update saying the Kindle is updated> Tis does not say that it is a confirmation letter, however. Is this the same?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about five years old. It is the regular Kindle.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Each time I have plugged it into the computer, I don't get any more than the notice, that it has been updated.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If it is updated then the Kindle is ok, it is just for Kindles that are not yet updated.

We can confirm if this is the case by going to the Book Store on the Kindle

Does it open ok?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does not say that it is a confirmation letter and I did the update a long time ago and yet have received the letter from you saying it hasn't been updated. It just says, your Kindle is updated.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, it may have been sent in error, I can see if you need to update, can you try to access the store, does it open ok?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Skip the phone call.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No phone call. I don't want to pay the extra $20. I'll take my chances with your written answers.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Again,

Can you reply to this please? I keep asking you this but you are not replying with an answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Kindle does go to the Bookstore and says that it has been updated , but it is not a confirmation " when I open up the letter it says In addition to performance improvements for your Kindle Touch, new features include: New Home Layout, etc.. the other one days it includes Updated User Interface. Is this the confirmation?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

If the book store opens it is a confirmation it is ok, you are up to date and nothing needs to be done.

The Kindle is perfectly fine to use as it is now, you are updated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you get this last message and is this the confirmation?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

yes, I replied, but you may have missed it.

If the book store opens it is a confirmation it is ok, you are up to date and nothing needs to be done.The Kindle is perfectly fine to use as it is now, you are updated. This is the confirmation If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you