Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindle paperwhite stopped working. about 3years old. Cannot

Customer Question

Kindle paperwhite stopped working.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 3years old. Cannot find make & model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: one day
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When kindle is plugged in the computer the orange and then green light comes on. When try to turn it on it does not turn on. Also, the computer does not recognize it.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to get the Kindle to respond?