E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kindle is locked up with a square as a result of me

Customer Question
My kindle is locked up...
My kindle is locked up with a white square as a result of me trying to buy some new books against an old visa card # against my Amazon account I just need to update my visa on file, the last one was compromised
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I got it about a year ago, Kindle paperwhite
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just happened last night when I went to purchase this book, said unable to process and then the screen went into this white square and I can see my home page in the background so the square doesn't take up the full screen I have shut it down and turned it on, fully charged
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it won't let me swipe
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This is usually can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.

Then change your credit card info on your Amazon account from your computer and check to see if the kindle is listed:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices at Amazon.com http://Manage Your Content and Devices.

Then check the registration on the kindle>

• From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
  • Click Your devices and make sure that your Kindle is registered correctly and connected to WiFi.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician