Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I have a kindle which was bequeathed to me by my dad. I am

Customer Question

I have a kindle which was bequeathed to me by my dad. I am strggling to set it up in my name. What i have done is reset the kindle to factory settings and now i am trying to connect with either 3g or wireless. The kindle shows both, however, when i try and register my Amazon account it tells me that it is unable to connect to a network! Is this a common problem and if so how do i fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: device info says: mac address 28:EF:01:E8:C4:74
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just got the device. I am totally lost?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Serial number: B00A D0B1 1345 0WJK
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still not connecting although the device shows 3G connected. The message reads "Kindle is unable to connect....
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

If you try via Wi-Fi --- does it work that method or same error message?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have tried both Wifi and 3G and it won't connect?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried registering it over the phone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No - I am South Africa and it will be expensive to phone
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

There is an international number -- 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any comment about this problem?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

The next step is to call into Amazon and if they cannot register it then there is a hardware issue with the tablet itself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Josh - will do
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

You're very welcome! Thank you for being patient and understanding during the process even though your tablet is not working yet.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

It has been a while since we spoke last but it appears the issue has not been resolved.

Do you still need help with your issue? If the issue has been resolved or you do not need anymore help, please take a minute to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit otherwise, please reply back to me here so that I can continue to help you.