GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I've tried to register several times and can't although I

Customer Question

Hi! I've tried to register several times and can't although I can get into Amazon with same codes????
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Just bought it
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the only one
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. this is aan Amazon fire I bought it recenltly for $39.99 in Amazon
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What is the exact error message that you get when you try to register your Kindle Fire? We can try to troubleshoot the error or we can juststart over begin with a clean slate by resetting the Kindle to factory settings (out of the box settings). This will bring up a wizard that will help you to register your Kindle to your Amazon account

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to
factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the
way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the
power button for a FULL 40 seconds.

When you turn Kindle Fire on for the first time after resetting it to factory defaults, you see a series of screens
that help you set up and register the device. The first screen is titled Welcome to Kindle Fire. This is the point
in the setup process at which you connect to a Wi-Fi network. You need this connection to register your
device.
1. Follow these steps to register and set up your Kindle Fire:
In the Connect to a Network list, tap an available network.
Kindle Fire connects to the network (you may need to enter a password ***** then tap Connect to access an
available network) and then displays the Time Zone screen.
2. Tap to select a time zone from the list provided and tap Continue.
3. On the Register Your Kindle screen that appears, enter your Amazon account information, e-mail address,
and a password ***** the appropriate fields.
4. If you don’t have an Amazon account, click the New to Amazon? Create an Account link.
This link takes you to the Create an Amazon Account screen, with fields for entering your name, e-mail
address, and password (which you have to retype to confirm).
Enter this information, and then tap Continue.
5. Complete the registration.
If you want to read the terms of registration, tap the By Registering, You Agree to All of the Terms Found
Here link. When you finish reading the terms, tap the Close button to return to the registration screen.
To complete the registration, tap the Register button.
A final screen appears saying Welcome to Kindle Fire: Hello <Your Name>. There’s also a link labeled
Not <Your Name>? If, for some reason, you aren’t you (for example, you may have entered your account
information incorrectly), tap the Not <Your Name> link to change your account information.
Please give my suggestions a try and let me know the results. Also , et me know if you run into any problems during the process or if you have additional questions. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal.