Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My Kindle Fire Tablet is frozen, I think. Since Saturday, it

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire Tablet is frozen, I think. Since Saturday, it has been optimizing. I have shut it off, waited the 40 seconds and when once again turned on, it is the same screen....optimizing and it will only take 10 minutes. Help
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It's not a tv, but a small Kindle tablet...Kindle Fire 5th edition
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started last Saturday. I have tried the suggested tips... hold button to turn off 'til screen goes blank, about 20 seconds, then turn on again to the same screen: optimizing kindle fire and app. and will take approximately 10 min.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is a 5th generation Kindle Fire which also acts as a tablet purchased in March from a shopping network
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you held the button and the screen went blank, when it started did the screen come on straight away? Or it went through the loading procedure?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It came on right away
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, it was not held long enough, hold the button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then power it on

Tell me what then happens please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
same screen....optimizing, etc
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, but does it complete this Optimizing screen? Is anything changing on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It reaches the end of the line and starts over
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you