Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I would like a user manual for my Kindle Fire. It is not in

Customer Question

I would like a user manual for my Kindle Fire. It is not in my name. It was a gift from my son. I don't know how to use it. Georgia
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It says at the top of the screen it is "Gerald's Fire." I don't know how old it is nor can I find any icons that would tell me what the make and model is.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only had it for a couple of days, and am not even sure how to turn it on! I have not tried any troubleshooting. I don't know what I need to know. Isn't there a user's manual of some kind?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

If your Kindle is a newer model, you can view the help guide on the Kindle itself.

Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on Help then User Guide

If that option does not appear then you have an older model so please let me know if that does not work

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have connected with the User Guide and have migrated over to Fire Tablet Basics, but I don't know how to advance to the next page. I have tried swiping in all directions with no results.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

You can also view the user guide here: https://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindle_Fire_Users_Guide.pdf

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not receive a phone call back as I requested. Later my bank called and said they had put a block on my credit card because they considered the charge "suspicious." I told them the charge was OK so the block was removed.I am still waiting for the phone call from Josh. My phone: (###) ###-####
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

The phone call request has expired due to the bank blocking it.

Please send another request if you wish to have a phone call

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

It has been a while since we spoke last but it appears the issue has not been resolved.

Do you still need help with your issue? If the issue has been resolved or you do not need anymore help, please take a minute to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit otherwise, please reply back to me here so that I can continue to help you.