Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I just got a new Kindle Paperwhite. In the past I had a very

Customer Question

I just got a new Kindle Paperwhite. In the past I had a very old Kindle. It has lots of books on it that I've read and many I haven't gotten to yet. I'm having trouble tranferring my library to the new Kindle. Unfotunately, the little button that allows you to move around on the old Kindle is broken so I can't maneuver it any more. Can you helpme retrieve my library and archives from my old Kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's probably 6-8 years old. The model No. is D00611. It says 'amazonkindle' on it. Hope this helps.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I got the new paperwhite about a 2 months ago, but only tried to download my library yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, excpet I need to leave for an appointment. Can I contact you again this afternoon?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I'll send you some info here to get you started, but you may bookmark/favorite this page and reply back to me anytime at your convenience to follow up.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You really should not need to manually "transfer" anything. When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased. You may have to look in the CLOUD section/tab on the new kindle to see all the books,

and when you find the desired titles, just tapping on each will prompt them to download into the new kindle.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.