Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

On my nook it seems to lose battery power fast. How can I

Customer Question

On my nook it seems to lose battery power fast. How can I fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a Samsung. About 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For about a week. I've done a power clean.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.