Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I cannot download books or shop in the kindle store. I have

Customer Question

I cannot download books or shop in the kindle store. I have an old kindle was never notified that I had to up grade it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its an amazon kindle model # d00901 _ it's hard to make out
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used it in a month or two. now have turned it on and off. I can see all my books but can't open them or shop in thestore
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, do whatever you can
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Could you please go into the kindle menu, then settings, then menu again, and tell me what you see there as the current software/firmware version?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you want me to go into the kindle itself? Nothing shows up . It doesn't work
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
as far as I know Kindle stopped all old kindles from working in March. I never recieved any notice that I had to upgrade on my computer , so I don't see why I have to pay for this
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you work for Kindle?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You are correct, they all stopped being supported and need updates, they did send notices to everyone's account, though those things can get lost in spam folders or email filters.

This is a paid support service, not free help. There is no warranty or other support for a kindle this age.

Do you wish to continue?