info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

Have a kindle paper which is repeating problem with previous

Customer Question

Have a kindle paper white which is repeating problem with previous kindle. Won't change page. Have reset to try to 'jump start". Any suggestions. Can't live without reader.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Paper white. Purchased last October. Would number of books on cloud matter? Have about 550 in library but only keep about 10 or less on kindle. Also, built in Wifi not working.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have tried resetting settings.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Had older kindles that did the same thing and wont turn on even after recharge.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony