Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cannot get my Kindle to come on. Just a minute - it's about

Customer Question

cannot get my Kindle to come on.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Just a minute - it's about 4 years old but let me see if I have a model no.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today - first time. I tried hjolding the button down for 20 seconds as I was told that a long time ago and it worked but now it won't. Is the tiny hole between the plug in and the start button a reset button?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Did you get my last question?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

In order to tell you if there is a reset button I need to know the model of the Kindle yoyu have (Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Fire HD, original, 3G, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, are you there?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle - and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).