Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I bought a new Kindle and my husband also has a Kindle. He

Customer Question

I bought a new Kindle and my husband also has a Kindle. He has been downloading books from the public library but the Amazon site does not recognize my name JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? Customer: We bought it today. On the box it has C E 0700 JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: We just bought today so we have only been trying today. We haven't tried any troubleshooting. When I try to bring up a book to download it goes to my husband (Barry S****) account and won't go to mine. JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you? Customer: No, that's all I know to tell youl.

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need your own account at Amazon and your Kindle will need to be registered to that account. You can use a Family Account, also known as a Household Account, so you and your husband can share ebooks with each other. To do this, please have your husband do the following:

1. Go to www.amazon.com/myk and sign in to account.
  2. From the Settings tab, select Invite Adult under Households and Family Library.
  3. Have the other adult sign in to their Amazon account.

Note: Amazon Households and Family Library require a unique Amazon account for each adult. If you don't have your own account you can create one during this step.

4. Once the second adult signs in or creates their account, select Yes to share your payment methods, Amazon content and services, and management of any child profiles. Select No to only share management of any child profiles.

If you have already registered your new Kindle with your husband's information you can de-register it and then re-register it to your account. To register a Kindle that has been previously registered, tap the Quick Actions icon on the toolbar, then tap All Settings. On the Settings page, tap My Account, then Register/Deregister Device. If you have enabled Sign in Approval, you will need to enter your passcode followed by the security code sent to your phone when you register the device.

If you share a computer, when you are signed into Amazon on that computer, be sure to look in the upper right hand portion of the screen where it says Hello, Your Name. If you see your husband's name instead of yours, or he sees yours instead of his, just click on ACCOUNTS AND LISTS and then scroll down to the bottom of the right column and click on SIGN OUT and then sign in as the correct person.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

For your convenience, I am attaching a link to the user guide for your Paperwhite:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/customerdocumentation/EM/Kindle_User_Guide_EN-US.pdf

If you have any questions or need more help, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Have a great evening!