Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle has partially frozen. Meaning, I have one of the

Customer Question

Hello, my Kindle has partially frozen. Meaning, I have one of the sleep mode wallpaper screens that is partially sitting on top of everything underneath, which means I can't read or try to follow instructions to reboot it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I'm trying to figure out what model it is. I've had it for a few years. It's the one that had the cover with integrated light.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It happened today. I had made sure last night to charge it up because I was going to be somewhere with a massive waiting time. I was reading okay for about an hour, but then I turned it off for awhile and when I tried to start it up, it was frozen.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's about it.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please try those steps and reply back on this page with the results.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Were you able to get the screen to reboot?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I'm unavailable by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent. Send a reply back on this page as to where you are stuck.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further help with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried all of those steps before coming to your site. The problem is still there. It's a partial freeze of the wallpaper page. I can see some activity going on underneath, but not enough to be able to read the screen with the frozen image partially blocking it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to continue with the expert, and I do not want to get the phone call. Please cancel the credit card charge for $27 as I will not be talking to anyone