GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have Kindle on my phone (Samsung) and had a book "War &

Customer Question

I have Kindle on my phone (Samsung) and had a book "War & Peace" downloaded and have been plodding my way through it, but now I can't get it to come up for me. Pls adv.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Oh, about 2 - 2 1/2 yrs..
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Haven't done any TS except for trying to download...It's been about a month now...
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I recommend that you delete the Kindle app from your phone, then turn your phone completely off, power it back on and reinstall the Kindle app from the Google APP store. If you've had it for 2 or more years, you may have quite a few books stored on your phone. Removing the app will clear them out. Also, there have likely been updates to the app. Doing a complete re-install will ensure that you have the latest version. You don't have to be concerned about losing your books as long as you sign into the new app using the same Amazon account info (email address and password) that you used when you originally purchased your books. The books that you have previously purchased will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If this doesn't work for you, or if you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Have a great day!