Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My Kindle Fire now only comes up with KINDLE FIRE and will

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire now only comes up with KINDLE FIRE and will not respond even to holding sound button on. I can only turn it on and off. Battery is charged. The first sign of problems was when using it, the Kindle would shut down. How can I fix it or have it repaired.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It was give to me by my wife 2 Christmas's ago and it is The size of the screen is 8"x%". It says Amazon and Kindle on the back.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried holding the sound button down (both up and down) and hold the power button with no results,
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This started within the past month and I also tried holding the power button also.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Please reply back with what happens after you try those steps.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

So were you able to try those steps?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried holding the power button down for 40 seconds and waiting 0ne minute to turn I back on for three times. The last time I did it the "KINDLE FIRE" logo showed up quicker, but still will not respond.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What else can I do to restore my Kindle?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you held the power button, did the Kindle switch off?

Please let me know