Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle fire that i haven't used in a while. I

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire that i haven't used in a while. I placed it on the charger for a while but it doesn't seem to be doing anything and it will not power on
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model # P48WVB4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 6-7 YEARS OLD
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: First time I have used it in a few months so just started haven't tried anything because I can't turn it on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Were you able to get the Kindle to respond?