Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. E-Reader Expert.
23511658

I would like to use the same password everytime when I

Customer Question

I would like to use the same password ***** when I connect to WIFI to order a new e- book. I cannot remember the correct password ***** the temporary password ***** was sent is too short. Why is it so difficult to start reading a book??
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I think it's a kindle paperwhite and it was purchased 2-3 years ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since January 2017. I used to be able to order my next book within seconds with no problem.....and it would be charged to my Chase Visa
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

This shouldn't be so difficult. Sorry you are having a problem with it.

This could be a simple matter. Do you know if you have a one-click payment method setup on your account? If you had your Chase Card on there, and you've received a new one since then (like when the original expires), you may just have to update that. I can tell you where to look.

The reason it needs this setup with a valid form of payment is so that you know what card it's using when you do a "single click" purchase, like what you would normally do from the Kindle.

To change your 1-Click settings, sign into Amazon.com and then do the following:

1. Go to Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings.
  2. Click Click here to change your 1-Click default address, then click Edit next to the payment method for the address.

Note: To change your default shipping method, click Edit next to 1-Click settings for this address. All 1-Click orders for items fulfilled by sellers other than Amazon.com are shipped via Standard Shipping.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to save your 1-Click settings.

Please let me know if this accomplishes what you need, or if you have any questions about doing it, or if it doesn't have the desired effect. Basically, if you need anything at all, let me know.