Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I bought" Hillbilly Elegy" for my Kindle yesterday. I then

Customer Question

I bought " Hillbilly Elegy" for my Kindle yesterday. I then charged it up. Tonight when I am ready to begin reading it I am unable to find it on my devise.. Help.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I wish I could tell you the make/model but I do not know. It is about 5 0r 6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried no trouble shooting because I don't know how. I use my Kindle infrequently. This is the first time I have used it in months.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. My telephone is(###) ###-####
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.