E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I permanently delete a book from my Kindle? Just a…

Customer Question
How do I permanently...

How do I permanently delete a book from my Kindle?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Just a minute, Pearl, I will have to look at it. I have had it for about 3 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The model is #D00901

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. Thank you!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
4/1/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Welcome to justanswer.

To remove the unwanted books or any item from your kindle library, just do it by going to the library and then press and hold the item’s name or cover. Then a dialog box appears, tap Remove from Device from the options.
It will be removed from your device but will remain stored securely in the Cloud for download at a later time, if you want it again.

But if you want to permanentely remove the book then visit amazon.com.
Log in to your acount, then go to "manage your kindle". There locate the book , click it and a drop down box will appear ,from that select remove from the library.It will be deleted.Once deleted from here you will no longer have access to re-download the item unless you purchase it again.
Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating with the help of smiles.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem