E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle, It says Kindle on case, on screedn, Kindle Fire.

Customer Question
It says Kindle on...

It says Kindle on case, on screedn, Kindle Fire. It is very hard to read tiny letters because I am very old. Had it 8 years or so. Goes off or stay on all the time, seems to lose function if I move it. What is easir way to deal with this....? Cheaper to buy new one. Hate doing that,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A month or so, have gotten sick of only being to able to read a page or so and then jiggling, etc etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?

Help!!!!!!!! please

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.