E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a new kindle because other one broke. How can I

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new kindle because other one broke. How can I transfer thebooks from old kindle to new one?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Old one is a keyboard kindle not sure how old. It would be registered to my account

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I dropped it and screen is cracked

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There is no need to "transfer" anything.

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

If you don't see your books right away, on the new kindle look at the top of the page for a tab that says CLOUD (rather than DEVICE) and you'll see your books in that cloud library. As you select each one, it prompts them to download locally into your new kindle device for storage there.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.