E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot get to the books I purchase for my Kindle. What is?

Customer Question
I cannot get to...

I cannot get to the books I purchase for my Kindle. What is***@******.***?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

IT is approx. 4 years old. It was a gift in Dec. 2012. I am not sure of make/model. It is system version 7.5.1_user_5174320, serial # DO25 AOAO 2383 135K.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Been going on for a while. Don't know what to do to trouble shoot. Send your reply and I will answer later. I have to go to a meeting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?

I will not be available for 1.5 hours

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS).