Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

The problem I have with my Kindle is one that other owners

Customer Question

Hi! The problem I have with my Kindle is one that other owners have had and that is I cannot get it to detect a Wifi network. On holiday last week I tried to log on to the hotel's Wifi (which the Kindle recognised) but now it doesn't pick up any signal. I have tried rebooting Kindle. My other Kindle is fine, as are all other devices in house. Cheers!
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I don't want to lose current books but want to buy some more. However, kindle refuses to detect gomera wifi..even though the router is next to device. Thanks, Spike
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it's a kindle version 4.1.3(###) ###-####
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The Kindle has been trouble free throughout the 5 years but this non-recognition of wifi started last week while on holiday abroad. I have tried rebooting Kindle several times to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's important that I don't lose any of my current book collection
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect to wifi.

Let me know the results please

Thank you