Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

I am unable to read my kindle books. Is there a way to

Customer Question

I am unable to read my kindle books. Is there a way to listen to them
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I can't find the make/model. My device is probably 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have low vision which is shy I can no longer read. Please give me troubleshooting and whee to find it. thx
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only how to get a voice reader on my kindle fire
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would be more than happy to help you with your question.
I'm sorry to hear you are having such problems with your device. Let's go ahead and try to get this taken care of for you.

Yes we can get that going very fast for you. Please make sure that your Kindle is new enough so it was made with speakers (if you have the black and white model it may not have the built in speaker.)
First: Open the document that you want your Kindle to read to you. Next: Press the Menu button. Select Start Text-to-Speech from the Menu options. From there it will start reading to you and you can start listening, then adjust the volume.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. If you are finished with your question, please rate 4 stars or above and click the Submit button so I will get credit for helping you. You are always welcomed to follow up with me at any time.