E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have a Kindle Fire HDX. Last week I powered it up, used it

Customer Question
for awhile and then from...
I have a Kindle Fire HDX. Last week I powered it up, used it for awhile and then from top down I lost the picture and I have not been able to power it up since. I took it to ubreakifix and they thought it was the battery...but replacing it did nor help. any suggestions? I have many pictures and music I would like to access
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Like I said Kindle Fire HDX and it is about 3years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like I also said about a week and I have tried to hold down power button for 30 sec
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/29/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 9 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers and printers.

This and many other Issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily this can be easily resolved. Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

sorry it did not help...tried twice

Thank you for letting me know. Please connect your Kindle to your computer with the cable that came with your Kindle. Wait for about 30 minutes, then, from your computer, click on the link below:

www.amazon.com/myk

Login with your email address and password. Click on the device tab. Locate your Kindle Fire in the list and you click on REMOTE FACTORY RESET as an option in the drop down menu under DEVICE ACTIONS. Please let me know the results.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician