Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

What to do if kindle doesn't hold a charge, and can I

Customer Question

What to do if kindle doesn't hold a charge, and can I transfer books that I have recently purchased (if me present kindle is inoperable )
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the eReader Specialist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Dan, what am I paying a deposit on?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: Pearl, but what for? Bill
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: D00901
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Kindle the other is I believe D00100. Difficult to read
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Haven't answered my previous two questions, I don't believe. Bill
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello Bill,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The yellow light is on. How might I transfer my reading content on this older model to a newer version of kindle that I also have?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I already paid for such service,nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session, this is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

There is no physical transfer necessary.

Once the new kindle is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased. Look in the new kindle on the home page, then under the CLOUD library for that content.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Having diffficulty Nathan with my password ***** effort to go on line
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Which password? Your wifi password ***** kindle account?

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.