GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I was looking at some photos on my Kindle and all of a

Customer Question

I was looking at some photos on my Kindle and all of a sudden it turned off. Couldn't restart. Plugged it in for an hour and still nothing.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Fire - bought in Sept 2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened today. Have not tried anything except to turn on/off the power button and plugged it in.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers and printers.

This and many other Issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily this can be easily resolved. Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for 20 seconds. This will force your Kindle to power off, rather than just "sleep" as it usually does.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!