Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

How do I delete books from my kindle fire, it is anew modle,

Customer Question

how do I delete books from my kindle fire
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is anew modle, but I do not know tht model number
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Iam just trying today, but the old method for my old kindle does not work
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 7 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Go to the Home screen. You can access the home screen of your Kindle by tapping the black and white house icon.

From the home screen, you will be able to access your entire Kindle library by gently dragging your finger up and down the screen.

1. Locate the title you wish to delete. By scrolling up and down, find the title you would like to delete. If you can’t find the title, tap the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the screen. This will allow you to type in the title or a keyword and search for the title on your device.

2. Press and hold the title to remove. Once you’ve located the book you’d like to delete, press your finger onto the icon and hold it there until a menu appears on the screen. Hold for a few seconds and a menu will populate the screen. The menu will give you several options, including one that reads “Remove from device.”
    • Select this item from the list by tapping on it. Tapping “Remove from device” will delete the book from your Kindle device.
    • Keep in mind that after you remove an item from your Kindle device, the item will still remain in your Cloud. This means that you can download it at a later date, if you desire.

Did that work for you?