Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

I have an old Kindle reader. p, the battery had gone flat,

Customer Question

I have an old Kindle reader.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: p
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the battery had gone flat, -I fully recharged it and now am unable to get it going again. Had just downloaded 3 new books to read and unable to access anything
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd really like to read my newly downloaded books
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... Please first plug in your Kindle and while still plugged in after few minutes try a basic reset / restart per steps below:`Press and hold the Power button for a full 45 seconds.Only release the Power button after 45 seconds.If your device does not automatically restart after another 30 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.If the first attempt does not yield any positive results, may try a different charger and/or cable, plug back in, wait a few more minutes while the Kindle recharges to retry the 45 seconds reset process again.`If still have an issue please let me know which Kindle you have: standard Kindle with single controller button on front, Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, or Kindle Fire with color screen? & Also how long have you had your Kindle device? Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did all you suggested - nothing has happened - even changed charger etc.
My kindle has a single controller and keyboard. Screen is currently a grayish color. Was given to me as a second hand Kindle a couple of years ago when a friend bought a new Kindle. This one has been working perfectly until yesterday
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't prefer you call me - I don't mind typing. Seems these costs are just adding up more and more and possibly getting a new Kindle could just work out cheaper.
Just be honest in your communication with me - please.
I am almost 66 and have recognized scans before
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what happens now.
The money has gone out of my account - and I still have absolutely no solution to my kindle issue.
Would appreciate some response from you Shaw aka Dr fix-it

Sorry I have no control of the automated upgrades that are sent, I am in US and unable to make long distance calls...

If have tried different charge cables, outlet and tried hot reset process without any sign of life, then the Kindle time as passed and yes time to replace with a new one.

I realize that the answer provided may not of been entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and found this information useful to save you hours of frustration.

Here is link to some replacement Kindle devices : http://www.shopandship.co.za/Amazon & also note the you can install free Kindle app on your computer or smart phone as well, see https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

`

Please note: This is an independent 24hr online paid assistance site, where independent experts in their field from across the globe, can assist you for the agreed upon fee, all in the privacy and comfort of your home. We are not paid a salary, are spending our personal unpaid time to help you and are only paid a part of your question deposit when you give a smiley face / star rating of 3 or higher for the timely professional advise provided.

`

Thanks for your patience in troubleshooting and looking into the matter together. Hope otherwise having a good start to the new year and get a great replacement ereader soon.

Cheers,

Shaw