Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

How do I download books from internet to Kindle? Amazon

Customer Question

How do I download books from internet to Kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Amazon Kindle at least five years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm only now starting to use a Kindle I was given and have neglected. I'm having trouble following the instructions
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My computer is an iMac.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Where are you planning to get books? From the amazon book store?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For now I just want to access the huge range of free content available on-line. For instance, I want the complete works of Shakespeare
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

That type of content you can try to find through google, or through a library site, one that may work for you is https://www.free-ebooks.net/

Then you'll need to download the book files to your computer,

plug the kindle to your computer with a usb cable, and then look in your Finder, you'll see (along with your hard drive, cd drive, etc) the kindle appear as a removable memory drive. You'll then drag/drop or copy/paste the book files to the DOCUMENTS folder on your kindle.

After you disconnect it, then they'll appear on the kindle home page.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.