Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I signed up with Amazon on line to change my credit detail &

Customer Question

I signed up with Amazon on line to change my credit detail & purchase an e-book. I had to get a new password ***** is not compatible with my Kindle Reader password. I am now unable to use the Kindle Reader. What to do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: CE0700 - 2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday I ordered a e-book on the Kindle. Wasn't processed because my credit card details had changed. I went online Amazon and proceeded to change details plus ordered book. Now on my computer, however, the alphabet/numeral password ***** not work on the Kindle as only numeral
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you. I would like to be able to use the Kindle Reader as it is not possible to lug my laptop around.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Please first plug in your Kindle and while still plugged try a basic reset / restart per steps below:

`

Press and hold the Power button for a full 45 seconds.Only release the Power button after 45 seconds.If your device does not automatically restart after another 30 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.

Once have the Kindle restarted it should already be registered to your Amazon account and will not ask you for your Amazon password.. if however unable to connect to your home WIFI wireless and is secured, may ask for the wireless network password ***** allow your Kindle to connect to the internet. If recently change your your WIFI router or password, then yes will need to be updated, on the Kindle keyboard there should be option to switch from numbers / symbols to letter characters... Please let me know which Kindle you have: standard Kindle with single controller button on front, Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, or Kindle Fire with color screen?

`

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
standard kindle with button front

Thanks for the model info, so are you having an issue connecting your basic Kindle to the internet or registering to your account?

On your Kindle device can connect to your home WIFI wireless network signal if available by following steps below:

Then to setup to your Amazon account so can buy and deliver Kindle content, you'll need to connect wirelessly and register your Kindle to an Amazon account. Registering also allows you to transfer purchases between Kindle devices and Kindle reading apps.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then select Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. In the list of detected networks, select a network to connect to it.

If your Wi-Fi network is secured, enter the Wi-Fi network password. If you don't know this password, contact the person who set up the Wi-Fi network

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration.
  2. Specify the Amazon account you want to use for your Kindle:
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Select this option. Enter your Amazon account information. Select Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.