E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I bought my husband a kobo last Christmas and he tried and

Customer Question
gave up.I would like to...
I bought my husband a kobo last Christmas and he tried and gave up.I would like to try setting it up for him.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: A Kobo aura
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought last year
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Help sitting here is a waste and I bought so he could take it to the lake
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
1/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry to hear that your gift is not yet useful, so far. Let's try to get it set up, by all means.

How far have you (or your husband) gotten with it? has it been charged up for a while, first of all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok when I bought it on Christmas day they sat for hours with no success my children go so quickly and it is hard for us to keep up. I finally got frustrated because was expensive and it sits in a sock drawer. Can you help me please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought a year ago

OK. Shall we begin at the begging with the Kobo e-reader setup?

First, if it's been sitting a while, you need to get it connected to the charger. And it needs to sit on the charger for at least 2 or 3 hours, preferably 4+ hours, before we start other things with it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has been over 2 hrs
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I can't pay for it and I'm not sure how it would benefit me in the future
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just want some help I can not afford a whole bunch of charges. I gave you my five dollars already

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

I'm sorry for that message. Can we continue?

Is the Kobo fully charged now, and can it turn On with no low-battery indication? if so, let's proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sorry I'm a little blah I will ignore those messages. The kobo is half charged

We'd best make sure it is fully charged for at least another hour, in case settiing it up is slow and it might interrupt the process by running out of juice.

Resuming in an hour would be ideal... or later. You may come back to this case at

http://www.justanswer.com/e-readers/a4ybu-bought-husband-kobo-last-christmas-tried.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cool I can do that. I have a crazy day today but I can probably get back at it this evening or tomorrow morning will that be ok. Thank you soooo much so far I appreciate it. Trish

Tomorrow morning would be OK! or this evening if you would prefer.

You're welcome, Trish, and I hope we can settle this problem with the Kobo by and by.

Have a great day, meanwhile.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks no answer nessasary ��
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago

I just want to check, whether the problem with the Kobo has been solved ?

I assume it has, and that this case may be closed (if not, let me know, please. Thanks.)

Please rate my work and my answers; a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thanks again.

Russell H., Technician