Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have been trying to get back into my account. I seem to

Customer Question

I have been trying to get back into my account. I seem to have done something with my password ***** everytime Amazon sends me something to change it it won't work
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have two devices. The one I am on right now is my Desktop Lenovo
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started last yesterday and this is the first time I have actually reached someone to help
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure. I have a terrible memory but let's start with this one please
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. I think that if we take it slowly, we may have some confidence in a good result. If and when you're ready, let's begin... and if you'd rather take a brief rest at any time, you can always come back - and you don't even need to let me know - by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/e-readers/a4yax-trying-back-account-seem.html

Now the first thing I will need, when you wish to begin, is: A brief account of how this problem began... you were entering your password ***** your e-Reader, your Kindle, your Nook, or your computer?

And that was the password ***** your Amazon.com account, I presume.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I have read what you sent to me. I tried on my ipad and my desktop. I tried different passwords to no avail.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
as above(###) ###-####

Was this problem preceded by any event, or doing, or happening, etc.? that might be significant.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK let's try this this way

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just need to be walked through how to change my AMAZON password
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Again-- I just need to be walked though changing my AMAZON password ***** we can do it by CHAT

You cannot change your Amazon.com account password ***** until you are logged in to it.

Is your Amazon.com account login working? are you logged in yet?

If not, you will need to RESET your password, first, please.... I will direct you how to do that, if that's appropriate.