E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

A few days ago, my nook started freaking out. While trying

Customer Question
a few days ago, my...
a few days ago, my nook started freaking out. While trying to read a book, it started flipping pages forward and back without me touching it. Shut down and restarted, it does it EVERYWHERE. Any app, book, etc; even if I go into settings; keeps jumping all over the place
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: nook hd, model bntv400, software ver 2.2.1.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 3 or 4 days. Not really sure what to try. Wanted to connect it to my computer to try a virus scan, but can't select it as a drive to attempt that. Thought of doing a factory reset, but that doesn't seem to be working either. That is where I push a pin into that little hole at the top, right?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

To Hard Reset NOOK HD, complete the following:

1. Confirm the device is powered off.
  2. Hold the Power and Home key simultaneously.
  3. Release the Power and Home key once the NOOK logo appears. A Factory Reset prompt will appear.
  4. To continue, press the Home key.
  5. To exit, press the Power key.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it. Before I do this, will I be able to get all of my downloaded/purchased books back?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will I be able to get everything back???

Yes, after you do the reset you can sign back in with your account and reload your books.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, well, here goes then...

Sounds good, let me know if you need anything.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any idea what would suddenly cause it to start freaking out like that, I mean, it just keeps bouncing pages/screens all over the place. I work in computers, and short of some weird virus, which I don't know where it would have come from, never had this sort of issue before. Literally, the only thing I use it for is downloading and reading books.

That is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware. The factory reset will reinstall the firmware.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well, it came up to "connect to wi-fi" and the screen won't stay still long enough for me to enter the password; it is still "Jumping around"!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
trying another restart...

Okay, try holding the power button for 20 seconds and let it restart again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No good, can't get the screen to stay long enough to get in a password. Starting to think I'm going to have to buy a new one; which will really tick me off!

Yes, unfortunately it does sound like a hardware issue. The factory reset is the only option.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is not working; can't get past wi-fi; simply will not let me get in the password. Well, this didn't help any. Sorry. Hope I am not going to be charged for this since it looks like my only option it to shell out the money for a new one.

I am sorry about that.

no, you will not be charged.

I will submit this for a full refund.

How old is the nook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
quite a few years old now, it's a Nook HD.

okay, I am sorry about the difficulty.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician