Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Does my kindle have a screen lighting button? new the least

Customer Question

does my kindle have a screen lighting button?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: new the least expensive
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sybul?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not right now
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

While reading, use the adjustable screen light on your Kindle to maintain optimal reading conditions in bright or low lighting. These models have the ability to adjust the screen> Kindle Oasis (8th Generation), Kindle Voyage (7th Generation), Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation), and Kindle Paperwhite (6th Generation).

To adjust the screen light while reading, tap the top of the screen to show the toolbar, and then tap the Quick Actions icon .

• To adjust screen brightness, slide your finger along the scale or tap anywhere on the scale to reach the desired setting.

Tip: A lower setting works best for situations with low lighting, and a higher setting works best for situations with bright lighting.

• To turn the light to minimum brightness, press and hold the symbol. To turn the light to maximum brightness, press and hold the symbol. On Kindle Paperwhite, you can also tap Max to quickly turn the light to maximum brightness.

Note: Even at the lowest setting, the light is not completely off.

• On Kindle Voyage, tap Auto Brightness to automatically adjust the screen light. When Auto Brightness is turned on, the screen light matches the current light condition. If you adjust the slider, the Auto Brightness feature will use that adjustment in the future.

Tip: If you like to read your Kindle Voyage in the dark, you can turn on Nightlight to gradually reduce the screen brightness over time to adjust your eyes to the dark. To use the Nightlight feature, tap the Menu icon, and then select Settings > Device Options > Screen Light.