GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Trying to connect my kindle to my Amazon account, New got

Customer Question

Trying to connect my kindle to my Amazon account
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: New got for Christmas I have the box where do I locate model #
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got it connected with my Wi-Fi just a few minutes ago
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just want to read books
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been helping customers like you on this site since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** Please ignore the automated prompts for a phone call. It is not me sending them to you.

Ok. Now..what happens when you try to connect to your Amazon account? Or haven't you got that far yet?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

It is saying my Login ID and password ***** not match my Amazon account. ********************* Password: ************

Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

I can't place a call right now. I did mention this in my initial opening.

You shouldn't post your account details. This is a public discussion. I will have it removed.

If you go to www.amazon.com/myk on your computer, can you log in with those credentials?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will try tomorrow
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Ok. I'll be around.

Good night.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
753748
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hi. What is "753748"?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, My name is***** see that you requested SECURE REMOTE ASSSISTANCE for this issue. While I can't connect remotely to your Kindle, I can connect remotely to your computer and help you set up an Amazon account or help you regain access to an existing Amazon account, which is necessary for setting up your Kindle. If you still need help please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will I get a refund of my money?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am hooked you on my laptop with Anazon
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Are you requesting a refund? Or would you like for me to help you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need help please
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you have a Windows Computer, please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=527b8137-1e99-47db-9b02-b78cbb21673d

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

If you have a MAC, please click on this link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/

Download and install the TeamViewer program. Please provide me the id and password ***** it has loaded.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you!

I'll then be connected.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I am terribly sorry but it seems that payment for the Additional Service of a phone call has failed. This is often because your bank sees a second payment to the same company and supsects a mistake or possible fraud. If that is the case , a quick phone call to your bank to reassure them that the charge is valid will usually solve the problem. Or, if you'd liek you can simply use another card.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information, I can only see if payment has completed or not, but if you need to contact Customer Service you can do so via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

As soon as the payment status shows completed, I will give you a call and walk you step by step through getting your new Kindle setup and working properly. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have my password ***** Amozon now and I need to connect my Kindle to Amozon. Can you please help.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Absolutely! It would be my pleasure to help. The easiest way to do this is to simply reset the Kindle to factory defaults. It is easy to do and after doing so, a wizard will come up that will guide you through the process of setting up the Kindle and connecting to your Amazon account.

If you do reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Here's how to do it:

Please hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds (use a timer). This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

You will need to know your Wifi SSID(name) and password ***** well as your Amazon email address and password.

If you can tell me what specific model of Kindle you have, I can probably walk you through how to connect to Amazon without resetting it to factory, but the instructions above should work for all model. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a new Kindle Paperwhite that I got for Christmas
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me just a moment to provide step by step instructions for setting it up. Can you tell me please what you see on the screen of the Kindle right now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have held the button for 40 sec and it is to the screen with books. One said set up your kindle
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is 3 books, one for setting up kindle. The 2nd is Kindle Paperwhite User guide 3rd edition. The 3rd is the dictionary
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Please tap on the one that says setup your Kindle.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you have not already connected to wifi, you will need to do that before you can connect to your Amazon account. Here's how to do that.

1. Tap the Quick Actions icon on the toolbar, then tap All Settings.

2. On the Settings page, tap Wireless. A list of the available Wi-Fi networks will display. If you don't see the network you are looking for, tap the Rescan button to recheck for available WiFi networks.

3. Tap the name of the network that you want to use.

4. Enter the network password ***** required. A lock symbol next to the network name indicates that it is password *****

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you bought your Kindle online using your Amazon account, it is already registered to you. To verify, tap the Home icon and look for your Amazon user name in the upper left corner of the Home screen. If it says My Kindle or shows the name of a previous owner instead of your own Amazon account name, you'll need to register it. To register a Kindle that has been previously registered, tap the Quick Actions icon on the toolbar, then tap All Settings. On the Settings page, tap My Account, then Register/Deregister Device. If it's not registered to you, tap on DEREGISTER. Then after you've de-registered it, tap on register and enter your Amazon account info. Once that's completed (connecting to wifi and registering to your Amazon account) you're all set to use it. Pleas elet me know if any of the steps give you trouble.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is not a used one, it is New but was purchased at a retail store. When I click on the book to register it said it was connecting to Amozon. Now it is saying use an existing Amazon account. Which I do have one. Or creat a new account
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I go to register the kindle the Register button is not lite up.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry I just don't understand this and I will have to get some one smarter than me to get it hooked up. It is anything you did you were excellent help.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that this has been so difficult for you. I really don't mind continuing to help. If the Register button is not lighting up it may because you have not yet connected your Kindle to your Wifi network.

1. Tap the Quick Actions icon on the toolbar, then tap All Settings.2. On the Settings page, tap Wireless. A list of the available Wi-Fi networks will display. If you don't see the network you are looking for, tap the Rescan button to recheck for available WiFi networks.3. Tap the name of the network that you want to use.4. Enter the network password ***** required. A lock symbol next to the network name indicates that it is password *****Once you are connected to wifi you should then be able to register.